Saturday, March 8, 2008

SMILE

Well, I haven't heard anything from the realtor, so I guess my hopes have been cruelly crushed. :) Maybe next time . . .

Fortunately my crushed hopes didn't get in the way of playing with paper tonight. I decided on the chocolate color scheme and used white flowers as a unifying theme (doesn't that make it sound like I know what I'm doing (grin)?). I wish the pictures were better so you could see the little dry-embossed dots on the M and the lines of stitching through the flowers on the E. I guess you'll just have to come over and see it in person. Maybe a hot cocoa party . . . ?






And here's the finished piece all framed and hung in the Not-Noah bedroom with my darling daughter Erin doing her best to look five-and-a-half-months pregnant.



. . . and the framed piece all by its lonesome. I wish the colors weren't so goofy--it really is very soft and pretty.

To backtrack a little here are the before and after pictures of my craft room today, the absolute final frontier in getting the house prepped for showing. The before picture reminds me of my desk at work, sadly. I just like to think a messy desk is the sign of a creative (rather than a lazy) mind. :)


1 comment:

NathanErin said...

Your daughter is SO CUTE!! (Anybody else's daughter wouldn't be nearly as cute)
The craft area looks amazing, just like the rest of the house. If I had a couple thousand dollars on my hands, I would by it in a heartbeat (especially seeing as I will have at least one child to enjoy and care for the huge lawn)